8.09.2010

Did I Miss The Bus??

Anyone who has seen my backyard is well aware of the weed problem we've had back there. I finally convinced my management company to do a one-time-only free gardening job. And although it's not perfect, it's a good start. I now need to get a basic upkeep kit going for myself, but I don't know where to start! I also want to start a garden but-again- no clue where to start with that one either. My yard gets partial sunlight, which makes it difficult. We have pretty high humidity since I live close to the beach... I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. My other dilemma becomes that I am planning to start planting sometime in September (August is far too busy and financially tight for me to take on any new projects just yet.) According to Realsimple.com, this is not the most opportune time to start anything. My plan was, at some point, to grow a salsa garden I figure this is easy enough and I will actually use what I grow. But I think the time for growing tomatoes is slowly passing me by...
I guess now would be a good time to buy some gardening tools, right? I assume they'd be on sale the way a winter coat is in June, but I really have no clue what I'm talking about there. Ross seems like a good place to stock up on some pots, right? Anyone know of some good spots to hunt down deals on planting pots, watering cans, etc.? Give me the scoop!! Also if you know anything that would grow well in SoCal in the fall, let me know!!

No comments: