2.04.2009

Uh oh... deep thoughts ahead!

I have always been notorious throughout my friends for my ability to write out exactly what I am feeling but having an incredibly difficult time saying it verbally. Lori is convinced that I should write a book because my writing skills far surpass my ability to communicate them to people face to face. Hell, I even got a computer in my room without the Internet because I type faster than I write by hand. So I can now get out how I feel about situations and people as opposed to holding it all in my head or (heaven forbid) trying to explain them to some poor bastard of a sounding board.
My point is: I have a difficult time explaining myself. And my outlet is, more often than not, here. Today's entry is no different.
Today I am grateful for the small things that the people in my life do for me. I don't like to gush, and I don't like to talk about my personal life in certain aspects- but there is one particular person that I am grateful for today and that person probably has no idea. You see, I have always thought of myself as someone who notices things no one else sees. Where some girls will completely brush off little gifts or kind words from a guy, I will cherish them. I will notice you if you pick up something at the store "just because." I adore it when you ask me if I am comfortable when we are sitting together, especially when you are completely comfortable but you want to make sure that I don't need to adjust the way I'm sitting. Each and every single time a guy opens a door for me, I think to myself, "wow, this is so cool!"... no matter how many times it's been done. If you send me a text or an email, I will always notice that because I am so flattered that you took time out of your day to let me know you were thinking about me. I don't ask for big bouquets of flowers, or jewelry, or grandiose trips halfway across the world because I know what's important.
It's the little things that not every one else sees... nor should they, now that I think about it. The inside jokes, the hand-holding, the supportive presence at an event or place that the other person probably didn't want to be that day; these are what relationships are all about. And I think that this is why people become so twitterpaited during the beginning of relationships, because they are still taking the time to notice these little things rather than to get caught up in their busy little lives. I would like to think that I do a pretty good job of not getting caught up in all of that, though. Because to ME, life isn't about the infamous "big picture" at all. It's about the days, the minutes, and the moments. It's not about the summary on the back of your biography- it's about the pages written in the chapters of your life.
So thank you for making today's page a little bit sweeter.

No comments: