5.25.2010

Just In Time For Summer.

I thought that this was a very interesting article about sunscreen:
http://www.aolnews.com/health/article/study-many-sunscreens-may-be-accelerating-cancer/19488158

Apparently sunscreens containing Vitamin A can be dangerous for your skin, and what's even more alarming is that the FDA sounds like they've known this for ten years and kept it under wraps... I'm curious to know if that's true. All in all, though, I don't think it's worth the risk when there are other options out there. The bottom of the article has a link to the site with recommended sunscreens not containing Vitamin A. It looks to me like the only ones available in the Huntington Beach area might be Jason, Alba, and Burt's Bees (although Burt's is lower on the list). I will be heading to Mother's Market in the next week or two and try to give you an update on any natural sunscreens I find there. And feel free to leave a comment of what other Sunscreens you use and like!

No comments: