7.06.2011

Saving Face.

Ever since I can remember, I've been a product junkie. I don't think that I am any kind of guru or anything like that... mainly just a person who has always had an interest in what new cosmetic stuff is out there. I spend a good deal of my time, money, and energy on investigating what works (for me) and what doesn't. I read blogs, I spend HOURS at Sephora and Ulta, and I watch Youtube videos on beauty products. I'm not claiming that I have perfect or even great skin. But I think that I'm making the most out of what my genetics gave me. Anyways- here are some of my staples of stuff that I like. Stuff that feels good on my face, and stuff that I recommend based on over 15 years of reading magazines about what I should be doing to and for my skin.

I have been using Neutrogena since I was probably 14 years old. Maybe younger. I used to use Neutrogena's Deep Clean Gel Wash, but now that I'm getting older and my skin is maturing a little bit I'm using this instead. It's a nice cream scrub so it's hydrating but also heads off any pimples I might get. Yea, I know. What kind of 28 year-old gets pimples? This kind, apparently. I also really love that it is cooling and my face feels really fresh after I wash it.

Another favorite since forever. I love that it's really gritty so it makes me feel like I'm getting a good scrub.

When I was younger I used to be really into spending my extra money on expensive beauty products. Nowadays I don't buy anything really pricey unless I'm pretty sure it's going to be worth it. And this is absolutely worth it. There are a few main ingredients that most magazines will tell you you should be looking for in face products: Vitamin C, Anti-Oxidants, Vitamin E, and Retinol. There might be more but those are the main ones I look for. This Face Peel gives you a nice polish but it also has Vitamin C which I LOVE. I swear my skin always looks brighter after I use this. I'm a huge advocate of most Philosophy products, actually. They've really got it going on in my opinion.

I normally don't get into Murad stuff. It's really expensive and I just haven't had that high of an opinion of the results when I've tried it. However- there is NO beating this face mask. Especially if you've got oily skin or acne. Seriously. I've had days when I've used this and within hours my face has completely cleared up. It's like magic.
The Body Shop just plain rules. They follow Community Trade, their stuff is all natural, and everything they sell is pretty much amazing. I have dreams about their Olive Body Butter. Their Vitamin C line is great and I'm a big fan of the face refreshing spray. It's perfect for a mid-day spritz and I tend to keep one in my car for those hot drives when I start to feel like my skin is getting stale. Bonus: it smells like oranges!


I just tried this for the first time since it was on sale and I have to admit I couldn't be happier. It feels great, it has those Anti-Oxidants that I'm supposed to be using, and it smells delicious. I actually use the night version but will most likely buy this daytime one with the SPF. Obviously we all know how important SPF is, right? Good.

I LOVE this. I like that it has Retinol. I like that it smells incredible (can you tell how into scent I am yet?). And I love the consistency of the cream in that it's not too thick but it doesn't evaporate as soon as I put it on. I usually concentrate on putting this on my forehead and under my eyes, where my genes predict I will show age the most. ROC rocks!




So there you have my list of favorite products. I hope it doesn't come off as arrogant for me to preach about what I use. I just know that I spend a lot of money on face stuff and I've always appreciated knowing what people feel hasn't been a waste of theirs!!

No comments: