4.06.2011

Back to You.


So lately I have felt slightly unfocused. A little scatterbrained and hectic, which are not my favorite feelings. I liked Zen Megan, where I could sit with my thoughts and really feel out my mind's course. It isn't that I have been a train wreck or anything by all means, only that I feel like my days have been blurring together... like the only periods of time when I have myself are the minute I wake up and then ten minutes later when it's bedtime again. I can blame it on any number of things... I haven't been getting as much sleep as I ought to. I have been going to that hot yoga class which, including travel and getting ready time, takes up almost 3 hours of my evenings. Work has been busy and I haven't had time to peruse my feel-good blogspots as much (I realize that isn't my job, but it's still my relaxation time). I have been rushed in the mornings and had to drink Slim Fast shakes rather than eat a piece of fruit like I should.

Whatever the reasons, the past week or so hasn't been my most concentrated. And a part of me loves that fact, and another part of me is a little bit disappointed. I was on this high for so long where I constantly felt pretty in tune, and now I feel somewhat distanced from my trains of thought. But I guess it's good to stay busy, right? And not to be bored. But for someone who has always taken great pleasure in psychological endeavors, I kind of miss my little self-project. I'm trying to kind of feel out what was pushing me to be more introspective and get back to that place. I suppose for starters I'm going to need to start getting more sleep. Lack of sleep always makes me feel frazzled.

Life throws us a hell of a lot of curve balls. And I think one of the most important things is to know ourselves and know what our "resting rate" is; our norm. And to know what we need to do to maintain it. For me it's a lot to do with the way I take care of myself. And also a lot to do with how much time I spend reading and enjoying my own company. So I think I will attempt to push that a bit more this coming week.

What do you do to get back to "You?"

No comments: