4.12.2011

Blogging Bounty.


"Loneliness does not come from being alone, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important." - Carl Jung.

I often wonder why I constantly feel the need to blog. I wont lie, I even make fun of myself on occasion for it. Why is it that I feel like anyone, known to me or not, would care about what I have to say? Once on Facebook, someone went as far as to say that he didn't understand why anyone without kids would bother to keep a blogspot (which I found to be sort of a rude statement, but oh well). What is it that makes any of us write down our thoughts for the world to read? And it wasn't until reading this quote that it sort of all pieced together. We are all, to some extent, a little lonely. Not in that we are alone, but we all have these thoughts and feelings that go unexpressed. It's sort of similar to that old saying about it being worse to be ignored than to be disliked. All of us have a voice, and whether we want to admit it or not, we all want it to be heard. Sometimes I think my blogs aren't very relevant or helpful. But I still write. And I don't do it because I feel like I have these pearls of wisdom to impart on anyone. I do it because I have these things that I want to express in some way, shape, and form. You know?

I read an interesting interview this morning with Jay Z where he said: I think it's every human's job to inspire others, to feed one another's senses. Inspiration begets inspiration times infinity. Imagine if the person that was inspired to create the phonograph didn't share it with the world. I really loved that quote. It's so true. Even on a small scale. We all have a variety of gifts to imprint on the world- small and large- and it is our DUTY to share them. We are all in this together, and as such it's important to make sure to inspire and lift each other up. As individuals we may be small, but as a whole we are great. Maybe nothing I say will create any major waves, but what if I can inspire someone else to greatness? What an amazing responsibility we can all have in that sense.

So today's blog may be redundant in that it's about itself... but it's good to know that I'm doing something here. Potentially even doing something building towards another person's greatness. That would be pretty awesome.

No comments: