4.13.2011

Hedonism.

I have always been a person of simple pleasures. I find myself taking Nora on her daily walks and literally stopping to smell flowers as I pass them. There is one neighbor, in particular, who has Honeysuckles and it reminds me of elementary school when we would have them growing near the track. To me the small things have always been the most important. And it remains essential to my "-ness" to slow down to enjoy them. Which is probably why I absolutely detest being too busy to do just that.
One of my favorite things in the entire world is to get off work, take a steaming hot shower, and lounge in comfy clothes reading while I lay on my sun-drenched bed. It's warm, and I'm clean and refreshed. What I'm reading is irrelevant. If there is candy there, it's all the better! It's so peaceful and serene... and it's something I try to do whenever I can.

Life is about slowing down to enjoy these things. And I think that many people forget to carve out time to do just that. Right now is all we've got right now, and we should enjoy it. It's been so nice these past few days to have nowhere to be and nothing to do. I've been taking Nora on walks, and I went to yoga last night. But other than that it's been a lovely do-nothing sorta week. Which is my favorite kind! Even today I am at work in comfy clothes and it feels amazing. I guess I'm being Hedonistic, and I'm okay with that. Once in a while, I think it's good to bask in pleasure. I'm sure that at some point I will have some responsibility to attend to. But today I am simply being happy and relaxed. I highly recommend it.

What Hedonistic activities can you conjure up today?

No comments: