2.21.2011

Life Cleanse.

A few months ago I did a diet-cleanse. I'd heard a lot about them and thought to myself, "it's worth a shot." I didn't do it to lose weight, but to feel better. It took me two weeks, and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. I felt better. Lighter. Happier.

It has come to my attention that it is important to "cleanse" one's self every so often. I think we get caught up in the junk of the world that we forget what it's like to really feel Good again. In case I'm not being direct enough I'm saying that it may be wise to invest yourself in a life cleanse. Get all of the toxicity out of your life. I try to do it every so often and lately I've been leading up to it but not really completing it as well as I have in the past. There are things in my life that I need to get out of my system. People, behaviors, and attitudes. And I guess that's why my posts lately have been more introspective. I'm starting my emotional cleanse. It isn't your diet that you change, but your lifestyle. And it doesn't have to be forever, but I think it's important to sit with yourself for a while. And only surround yourself with positive outside factors that will push you towards your goal of a healthy soul. Uplifting music, positive people, and good old fashioned fun should be your daily dose to clear out all the negativity in your life. Change your thought process to positive thoughts. And realize that there are certain people and behaviors in your life that you need a break from, possibly permanently. If something is dragging you down, making you sad, or clouding your mind- it needs to stop. End of story. Get a mantra. Get outside. Veg out with your favorite movies and a bag of popcorn. Turn off your phone. Sit in a clean space in your warmest fuzziest socks and some hot tea. Do whatever it takes to get yourself calm, collected, and at peace. Just BE. And be okay with it. Be a bit selfish for a minute and just enjoy some well-earned joy. And when you're done, you will be better off for it. I promise.

No comments: